Install & initial setup
- Download a copy of phcl_acme-1.8.tar.gz & and extract the files
- Look at the installer
bin/InitialSetup, especially the first few lines, check:
- Are you happy with the 2 users that will be created? If not change
- Are you happy with the directory that will be created? If not change
Note that this is a directory that Apache will access.
- Check that the value of
ApacheGroup — this does vary between systems
- Read the rest of the script — understand, in outline, what it does
- Run it as the user root, giving as argument the path to the tar file, eg:
# sh /tmp/x/bin/InitialSetup /tmp/phcl_acme-1.8.tar.gz
Check that nothing went wrong — did you see any errors ?.
The scripts assume a reasonably capable shell,
both work fine.
ash (known as
dash on Debian & Ubuntu)
does not support the syntax used.
- Change to directory
/var/www/acme/, have a look around.
- The tar file contains a copy of
acme-tiny.py, however you might want
to download a copy straight from the source:
Next page: Understanding and generating
Return to How to Configure Let's Encrypt with acme_tiny.py
Return to tutorial home.
If you want any help using the above, or have any comments or suggestions, please contact us.