Latest version: 4.11
License: Public Domain
A version of the Emacs text editor that runs in a terminal
A text editor in the Emacs family: small, light. Works in a terminal (emulator), not a GUI,
so performs well over ssh. Handles Unicode characters, UTF-8 encoding, eg: £ € ∞ Ω γ チ → ä ½ é ש ب ک ࿋ ✔ 𝅘𝅥𝅮
* Edit multiple files simultaneously, split the window between different buffers.
* Windows may be split horizontally and vertically. window-menu command (C-xw) that makes window operations easy:
split, join together, move the 4 edges, kill/close, change buffer in window, move cursor to different window
* UTF-8 mode. Characters displayed properly (including double width; zero width shown as a position)
* Insert Unicode point as character via keyboard or C-xu command for hex/decimal/octal value
* Window options to display: tabs in colour, line endings, number lines, cursor position (column/line number)
* Auto indenting for C and PHP
* Handles binary files, hex edit option.
* Editing of prompts for command & file names. Can insert current filename/word-under-cursor/...
Tab does file name expansion.
* Position of mark shown in red, in non current window "." in green
* Meta (top bit set, non UTF-8) & control characters shown as one underline/standout character, option for old behaviour (eg M-^C)
This preserves alignment of columns.
* Last char of a over long line shown in yellow; move the cursor to it & whole screen scrolls left/right not just one line
* Can change foreground/background colours.
* list-buffers (C-xC-b) also shows variables and much status
A very hacked version of Microemacs 3.9.
This should work on a variety of operating systems. This fork
has only, recently, been tested on: Linux; FreeBSD; Minix
Writen by: Dave Conroy and Daniel Lawrence - so original copyright belongs to them.
Many hacks initially by: Tony Bamford & Alain Williams, latterly just Alain - released under the GPL version 2 or later.
|CentOS 6 i686||phcl-MicroEmacs-4.11-1.2.i686.rpm||Fri Oct 19 2018|
|CentOS 7 x86_64||phcl-MicroEmacs-4.11-1.2.x86_64.rpm||Wed Oct 17 2018|
|CentOS 7 src||phcl-MicroEmacs-4.11-1.2.src.rpm||Wed Oct 17 2018|
|CentOS 7 tar||phcl-MicroEmacs-4.11.tar.gz||Thu Oct 18 2018|
Subscribe to to the announce mail list to be told of updates to this software.
For easy maintainance put this repository into your yum configuration.
Return to index.