Pear, Quickform, Smarty templates & Overlib demonstration
Please look here for a quick overview of Quickform,
Smarty templates & Overlib.
These pages are intended as a quick demo of Quickform,
Smarty templates & Overlib,
to convince you that is it worth your time to learn more about them.
It is unfortunate that the QuickForm authors seem unable to understand that people need good documentation in order to be able to use software.
What little they do provide is largely useless.
- run these samples in the order below, for each the source code is available.
- explanations may be removed where the explanation exists in an earlier example.
This is a rewrite of the package, designed to take advantage of PHP5, in fact needs PHP 5.2 or later.
To see one of every input field that QuickForm2 handles see Qf2ValidTypes.php &
the same done with smarty Qf2ValidTypesSm.php with the templates Qf2ValidTypes.tpl
These should be regarded work in progress.
- Both QuickForm and QuickForm2 versions use the same smarty templates (where appropriate).
- It now has documentation http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.html.html-quickform2.php
- The QuickForm2 code is alpha as of February 2011 — but seems to work reasonably well.
- To use the QuickForm2 code you will need the renderer: Smarty.txt,
this may not stay there very long — it has been submitted to PEAR for inclusion as a package
see: Proposal for "HTML_QuickForm2_Renderer_Smarty".
It should be installed somewhere like:
You may also find the stylesheets Qf2Style.css & Qf2StyleSm.css useful.
All files copyright (c) 2005, 2009, 2011 Parliament Hill Computers. Author: Alain D D Williams.
You may used these demontration files as the basis your own (or organisation's/company's) project (under whatever
licence that you see fit), but may not claim ownership or copyright of the substantially unmodified files.
These demonstrations are made available in the hope that they are useful, there is no warranty at all, use at your own risk.
Return to tutorial home
If you want any help using the above, or have any comments or suggestions, please contact us.